install wood floors
Installing a wood floor from Kährs is quick and simple thanks to our innovative locking joint system Woodloc®. The Woodloc-system locks the boards together mechanically, eliminating gapping in between the boards. The superior fit also enhances the floor's performance and durability. Get prepared to install your hardwood floor by watching our instruction film and/or
reading our installation instructions.
Before you start
It’s important that the relative humidity remains between 30-60% during and after installation. Room and material temperature should remain between 15-23° C, so make sure the wood packs are stored in this environment for at least 24-hours before installation.
Make sure the subfloor is dry, even, clean and solid, and remove any carpeting. Depending on the type of subfloor, it can be necessary to use a moisture barrier.
Read more about preparing subfloor and underfloor heating. Take a look or download our guide.
The last row
Some helpful tips
If you’ve installed a hardwood floor before, you’ll probably just need a few tips to make the floor installation easier:
- First, calculate how many boards you need for the room’s width. If the last row measures less than 30 mm, saw the first board.
- Open a few packs and mix up the boards to get a good colour distribution. Check the boards for any defects.
- Place the boards lengthways in the room.
- Check that there is allowance for expansion between the wall and floor.
- The grooved side (the long edge) should be placed toward the room.
- Place the boards at right angles during installation (20-30°).
- Use Kährs handblock to ensure proper locking of the short joints.
- Make sure there are end joints on each board.
- Ensure that there are at least 500 mm displacement of the end joints in adjacent rows.
- Trim the final board to the right length and start the next row with cut-off piece.
Read more and print out our advice for installing parquet flooring.
Installation instructions for you who have purchased a 15 mm thick wood floor part of Kährs Original and Kährs Supreme.
Installation instructions for you who have purchased a 15 mm thick wood floor part of Kährs Supreme - Da Capo Collection and Kährs Linnea.
Installation instructions for you who have purchased a wood floor part of Artisan Collection, Da Capo Collection and Domani Collection.
Tongue & Groove
Installation instructions for you who have purchased a 15 mm thick wood floor part of Kährs ID - Chevron Collection.